SCHOOL CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM TRAINING
Dr. John Dudley
This training is for school crisis response teams. A prerequisite
for Level V training is that all team members attending
the training must have participated in a crisis response
to the death of a student or school staff member.
Some of the topics included in Level V training
- Critical Incidence Stress Management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Helping crisis response team members "heal"
after a response
- Understanding the impact of stress
- How do you prepare yourself to respond again and again
Level V workshop participants will:
- Increase their understanding of CISM and PTSD
- Participate in CISD
- Discuss the impact crisis response to death(s) has/had
- Acquire stress management skills
- Talk! Talk! Talk!
Former Level V participants say they learned:
- "Why I cried over 'little things' for weeks…"
- "Why I wanted to quit the team…"
- "Going home and getting under the bed won't work…"
- "I'd stored up a lot of stuff…"
- "I wasn't the only one having a difficult time…"
Participants in John's crisis response workshops
- "Kept my attention. Just awesome experiences…"
- "Experience of the presenter helped validate instruction…"
- "You did great. Even helped me understand some
- "Very thorough and fulfilling…"
- "Excellent! Enjoy the humor…"
a Level | Next Level >>