SCHOOL CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM TRAINING
Dr. John Dudley
This training is for school administrators, crisis response
teams, certified/classified staff and law enforcement.
Some of the topics included in Level IV training
- Addressing school safety and security concerns and
designing effective plans
- Creating building level as well as district level crisis
- School intruder and hostage response
- Involving parents and the community in making schools
- Student profiling-advantages and disadvantages
- Imminent warning signs in students
- Organizing multiple command sites in your school(s)
- Implementing violence prevention curriculums
- Working with the media during a school crisis
- Roles of schools and law enforcement before, during
and after a school tragedy
Level IV workshop participants will:
- Learn ways to assess their school safety preparedness
- Develop a school safety and security plan
- Learn how to respond to intruder and hostage situations
- Define the roles of building level vs. district level
crisis response teams
- Increase their understanding of the roles of school
and law enforcement personnel during times of school tragedies
- Upgrade their school crisis response repertoire
Former Level IV workshop participants say they
- "We were not as prepared for a school tragedy
as we thought…" Principal
- "After today's workshop we will be a lot safer…"
- "Law enforcement needs to preplan with schools…"
- "A whole new level of preparedness…"
Crisis Response Team Leader
- "After we implement what we learned I will feel
much safer…" Teacher
- "I didn't know near as much as I thought I did…"
A comment on John's Level IV school crisis response
"Just wanted to make a brief contact to say I appreciated
the Level IV training you presented today. I went into
it with a very doubtful attitude. Have been in education
37 years, listened to hundreds of "experts"
who had little of value to say and, truth be told, darn
little expertise. I do not often respond to presentors
so this is very unusual. I APPRECIATED spending my time,
which is very valuable to me, in a conference where the
"expert" actually had a strong background, some
apparent common sense, and the ability to share those.
At 8:15 this morning I was wondering why I had tied myself
into another conference. Now I am glad I had the opportunity!"
Bill McGahan, Superintendent
"School Violence: Prevention
and Response" by Dr. John Dudley can be used
as a Level IV follow up staff development training for schools,
parents and communities. This video and in-service materials
package may be purchased from Cromwell Communications, 2601
Rathbone Road, Lincoln, Nebraska 68502 (phone 402.438.6227
<< Back a Level
| Next Level >>