SCHOOL CRISIS RESPONSE TEAM TRAINING
Dr. John Dudley
This training is for school administrators, counselors,
teachers, crisis response teams and other certified/classified
Some of the topics included in Level III training
- How to talk so kids will listen and listen so they
- Strategies for talking to students during difficult
- Holding classroom meetings with students
- How to engage students who are reluctant to talk
- Understanding grief patterns in different cultures
- Helping students and staff say goodbye
- Using rituals during times of tragedy
- Involving parents in meaningful conversations with
Level III workshop participants will:
- Learn a model for talking to students during difficult
- Practice conversing with students/staff during times
of school crisis
- Increase their understanding of grief in different
- Upgrade their conversation and listening skills
- Learn what students would like them to do during times
- Increase their skills in helping parents during times
of school crisis
Former Level III workshop participants say they
- "A great model for talking to anyone…"
- "That I need to improve my listening skills…"
- "Talking to grieving kids isn't as difficult as
I was making it…"
- "Skills that will help me in my personal life…"
- "Why I haven't been very successful working with
- "What to do when I work in a crisis response grieving
Participants in John's crisis response training
- "He opened my eyes to things I wish I had known…"
- "All new information…"
- "As a superintendent I am more aware of what to
- "The importance of having a model to talk to students…"
- "The need to always be prepared for anything…"
- "I am leaving with lots of ideas of how to go
<< Back a Level
| Next Level >>